PE and Sport Premium for Primary Schools
Schools receive PE and sport premium funding from the government based on the number of pupils in years 1 to 6.
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
Schools can choose how they use the funding, for example to:
- hire specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers during PE lessons
- support and involve the least active children by running after-school sports clubs and holiday clubs, e.g. the Change4Life clubs
- provide resources and training courses in PE and sport for teachers
- run sport competitions or increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- run sports activities with other schools